Resume writing and career advice
job search tips/workplace trends
Featuring career experts, recruiters, hiring managers and decision makers who help you get hired
The Minnesota Recruiting and Staffing Association (MNRSA) 3rd Annual Job Summit will be held Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at the Minnesota School of Business at 1401 West 76th Street in Richfield from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Below are the top 5 reasons why Minnesota job seekers won’t want to miss the Job Summit.
1. You will have the opportunity to meet with hiring managers from companies that employ over 46,000 people every day in Minnesota. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the staffing and recruiting industry places approximately 46,971 individuals in Minnesota each day. The MNRSA Job Summit features a staffing and recruiting job fair where job seekers can meet with the staffing and recruiting representatives responsible for filling these 46,000 positions. This year over 30 exhibitors will be at the Job Summit Job Fair representing companies with job openings ranging from light industrial to clerical to technical to creative to IT to healthcare to professional.
2. You can perfect your interviewing skills during practice interview sessions. The practice interview sessions at the MNRSA Job Summit are a great way for job seekers to practice their interview skills with staffing and recruiting professionals who conduct dozens of interviews every week. Whether your interview skills are rusty because you have been out of the job search for a while or you have been actively interviewing and want to learn what you could do better, you will leave the practice interview sessions at the MNRSA Job Summit ready to nail your next job interview.
3. You can have your resume reviewed and edited by individuals who make hiring decisions every day. To ensure your resume will get noticed by hiring managers, meet one-on-one with a professional and get valuable feedback on how to improve your resume.
4. The 2012 Job Summit will feature an excellent lineup of speakers conducting workshops that will help you find the dream job you have been looking for. The 2012 MNRSA Job Summit will feature workshops that job seekers will not want to miss. First, MN Top 20 Social Media Innovator Paul DeBettingies will present “LinkedIn from A – Z: Using LinkedIn as a Job Search Tool” from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Next Joanne Meehl, also known as The Job Search Queen, will present “Setting Your Job Search Motivation on Fire” from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. From 12:30pm – 1:30pm a panel of hiring managers from some of the top employers in Minnesota, including: Wells Fargo, Christopher & Banks, C.H. Robinson, Datacard and Return Inc. will be discussing how they work with staffing and recruiting companies to fill job openings with their companies.
5. The Job Summit is FREE for job seekers to attend. Job seekers are invited to take advantage of all the job seeking tools presented at the Job Summit and to meet with hiring managers regarding open positions with their companies at the Job Summit for FREE!
Register for March 27, 2012 event
About Matt Krumrie
In addition to writing resumes and cover letters, Krumrie has published over 2,000 career and job search articles for the Star Tribune, Flexjobs.com, Ziprecruiter.com and more.