An updated resume that best reflects your most recent achievements and successes is the key to getting noticed, and standing out from other applicants.
What's the best way to get your resume noticed? We checked in with Stacey Stratton, President of True Talent Group, the fastest growing marketing, creative and interactive placement firm in the Twin Cities. True Talent Group specializes in staffing and recruitment services for marketing, creative, and interactive.
Here are 5 simple things you can do right now to have a resume that is sure to get you your dream job, according to Stratton:
- Focus on Your Accomplishments: A duty describes what you did, and an accomplishment describes how well you did it. Showcase the amazing things you’ve done!
- Make a List of How Amazing You Are: Compile a list of all the things you have done that set you apart. What problems did you solve? What awards did you win?
- Quantify your Accomplishments: Add in as many facts, figures, and numbers as you can. Quantifying your accomplishments makes them easier to understand.
- Add the Benefit: Take each accomplishment and note the benefit you added. Clearly communicate what you’re capable of and the direct benefit of hiring you.
- Share with Friends: Get a group of trusted friends together. Share your resumes and help each other get an amazing new job!
A good resume, combined with a solid job search plan that includes networking, and registering with a staffing firm like True Talent Group are good ways to get notice, and move ahead in your career.
Follow this advice and these additional resume writing tips to advance your career in 2017.
View current job openings through True Talent Group
Register now to be in consideration for future positions with True Talent Group.
Ready to revamp your resume? Need assistance? Hire Matt Krumrie to accomplish your resume writing goals, and start the process to move ahead in your career in 2017.